Anyone can talk, so hosting a podcast should be easy, right?
If you’ve tried it, you know it can be a harder than it looks.
Are you doing a scripted podcast? An interview type podcast, with one or more guests?
Perhaps you’re doing a podcast in hopes of expanding your brand or creating more business?
Or maybe you’re hosting an audio blog – expressing your thoughts and sharing your stories…
Whatever type of podcast you’re doing – the essence a powerful communicator is storytelling.
I work with broadcasters and podcasters throughout the world. Many have found the following Powerful Communicator Principles to be helpful.
· Speak Visually – in terms a listener can picture
· Start with your best material
· Podcasts are pre-recorded. They last forever online. Make them perfect
· Never let anything go too long
· Always ask: “Why would someone want to hear this?”
· Address each listener individually, use the word “YOU.”
· Stay Curious
· Relax, let natural humor happen
· Be who you are
· Take Risks.
If you find this useful, you’ll find more in the “Beyond Powerful Radio – A Communicator’s Guide to the Internet Age” book.
Finally, the top three principles of becoming a more powerful communicator:
- Tell the truth
- Make it MATTER
- NEVER BE BORING.